The following information was shared with parents, students and staff on 1/30/20. The District will continue to monitor the situation and provided updates if/when needed.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently issued an alert related to Coronavirus, a respiratory illness that was first identified in December in Wuhan, China. There are NO reported cases of Coronavirus connected to District 207, Frost Academy, Maine East, Maine South or Maine West. However, District 207 is monitoring this health issue closely. The district also is following the recently released Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines for Illinois schools regarding the disease, including:
- Encouraging staff and students to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer which are available in large group spaces in the schools and other areas such as the nurses’ office.
- Asking staff and students to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Asking staff and students to avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Instructing staff and students to stay home when you are sick
- Asking staff and student to cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
In addition, the schools are cleaned and disinfected daily as part of ongoing custodial services in the schools, which is another recommendation from the IDPH.
District 207 will continue to follow all recommendations from federal, state and local entities concerning the Coronavirus.
To learn more about Coronavirus, please visit: