District 207 is asking parents to consider vaccinating their children against COVID-19. Frost Academy, Maine East, Maine South and Maine West plan to hold full-time, five-days a week, in-person school next fall. During that time, if contact tracing occurs, fully vaccinated students can continue attending in-person school without quarantine if they are asymptomatic. This means they would be allowed to continue with in-person school as well as participate in athletics, fine arts, clubs, practices and/or games. Full school participation is our goal for all students.
Here are valuable links to have eligible students get vaccinated:
- District 207 is providing the vaccine at the School Based Health Center located at Maine East High School, 2601 Dempster Road for students. Please complete this form to secure an appointment: http://bit.ly/207vaccine
- Advocate Aurora Health is offering Community Vaccine Clinic for anyone 18 or older. Complete this link. For anyone 16 or older, please call 866-443-2584 to schedule an appointment.
- District 225 is accepting appointments for area students to be vaccinated. Register at https://oem.passporthealthglobal.com/ClinicSignUp/Registration/glenbrook-south. Please note that anyone age 16 or older can participate. However, a participant must be at least 16 years old by the date of their first dose. There are no exceptions to this requirement. The events will utilize the Pfizer vaccine and will take place in the cafeteria of Glenbrook South High School on: Friday, May 14, 2021 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Dose 1) and Friday, June 4, 2021 (Dose 2); and Friday, May 21, 2021 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Dose 1) and Friday, June 11, 2021 (Dose 2). No walk-in appointments; All participants need to complete a consent form before the event; All participants should bring their insurance card and driver’s license/state ID. (Please note: insurance is not required for this event); Participants age 16 and 17 may have a parent/guardian attend the event with them, however, it is not required as long as the consent form has been filled out in advance. If you have any questions, please reach out to Lisa Wall, Executive Assistant for Business Services, at [email protected].
- https://vaccine.cookcountyil.gov/ – this website allows you to sign up for updates and provides information to schedule an appointment including at the former K-Mart site in Des Plaines. They are also now taking walk-ins as well.
- https://www.vaccinespotter.org/ – this website helps visitors find COVID-19 vaccine appointments in their area through providers like Walgreens.
While not required, when your child is vaccinated, we are asking if you would consider completing the following quick survey so we can track our overall progress for student vaccinations: D207 Student Vaccine Tracking Form