Special Transportation Information
Below is an outline of guidelines, procedures, and contact information related to special transportation for the resident students of Maine Township HSD 207 who qualify for transportation services per their IEP, 504, and/or under the McKinney Vento Act.
Maine Township HSD 207
Transportation for Students with Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs
The safe transportation of a child with special needs requires a plan that considers and adapts the transportation services to the individual needs of the student. The appropriate school team (e.g. IEP team) will determine and outline the services of the Transportation Plan as either a sub-part of the IEP or 504 Plan when transportation is a related service. The transportation plan considers the range of transportation services, including the use of supplementary aids and modifications available to students with disabilities to address questions about the appropriate mode of transportation and safety for each student. Please note that transportation services will continue to follow public health guidelines and a mask requirement remains in effect. All drivers & riders must wear a mask while in vehicles unless a student is medically exempt.
As part of the mandate of a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), related services including transportation are required when determined necessary to assist a child with a disability to benefit from special education. Transportation as defined in The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA) includes:
- Travel to and from school and between schools;
- Travel in and around school buildings; and
- Specialized equipment (such as special or adaptive buses, lifts, and ramps), if required to provide special transportation for a child with a disability.
Transportation Route Plan
Maine Township HSD 207’s Transportation Coordinator, Ms. Erin Dunleavey will schedule and communicate all specific details to the appropriate contracted transportation company per the individual transportation request. Keep in mind that all new requests typically take up to three (3) school days in order for the student to be assigned a route. The student’s case manager or designee provides a detailed request outlining any additional supports required.
Questions Regarding Transportation
- Route Information is shared with families either by phone or Email notification prior to the first day of transportation services beginning. The Assigned contracted transportation company along with an estimated pick-up and drop-off time will be provided. If assigned to Septran Bus Inc. or American Taxi route information is available via the online App (see below for more information).
- Extreme Delay in Pick-up or Drop-off occurs contact:
- 1) School – East (847) 692-8469 | South (847) 692-8163 | West (847) 692-5945;
- 2) Transportation Coordinator at Maine 207 and/or;
- 3) Contracted Transportation Company (see below)
- If Transportation Concerns arise, please communicate with Maine 207’s Transportation Coordinator to assist in resolving the issue. Vendor Contact information is provided below in case of an emergency or to report any further concerns.
Erin Dunleavy, Transportation Coordinator by Email at [email protected] or by phone at 847-292-6521
Edward Pieczynski, Assistant Director for Special Education by Email at [email protected] or by phone at 847-292-6393
- If a parent chooses to DECLINE transportation either contact the transportation coordinator at Maine 207 or complete the form linked ONLY TO DECLINE TRANSPORTATION. At any time, transportation can be reinstated with 3-5 days’ notice.
Maine 207 Contracted Transportation Providers
Contacts: Nancy Bruce [email protected] | Janet Chinuahua [email protected]
Septran is Maine Township HSD 207’s primary transportation bus contract serving the majority of special transport routes.
DURHAM BUS TRACKER APP *NOW AVAILABLE TO PARENTS
All-Ways Medical Carriers
Contact: Olga Legashvilli | [email protected]
All-Ways is Maine Township HSD 207’s single student and small group contracted vendor that provides students who require safe medical transportation services.
American Taxi Dispatch, Inc.
American Taxi is Maine Township HSD 207’s primary single student and small group contracted vendor for student transportation services.
Parents and students are encouraged to download the American Taxi Tracking App or visiting the web address https://sch.americantaxi.com/online/ in order to track requested vehicles. To gain access parents/students must call American at 224-220-2555 in order to request a user name and password.
Phone: (847) 509-2281
Contact: Alex Vayner [email protected]
Citicare is Maine Township HSD 207’s single student and small group contracted vendor for student transportation services participating in vocational job-sites throughout the district.
Phone: (847) 368-8918
303 Taxi is Maine Township HSD 207’s single student and small group contracted vendor for student transportation services requiring specialization aids and/or harness.