District 207 Official Social Media Accounts:
Maine East Official Social Media Accounts:
Maine South Official Social Media Accounts:
Maine West Official Social Media Accounts:
Social Media Terms of Service
The purpose of Maine Township High School District 207’s social media sites are meant to provide information related to matters of public interest to its residents, businesses, and the community at large. These sites are meant to be one-way communication tools and when allowed by the social media site, comments are not allowed and/or displayed. If a post is made by someone on District 207 social media sites, those posts become public record.
The District 207 social media sites are not a public forum. If posts are made, they are part of a moderated online discussion site whereby comments posted by the public are reviewed when possible and may be deleted for any reason, especially if they violate this policy. Frequent offenders may be blocked from district social media sites. Such violations include:
- Information that violates a student’s or staff member’s right to privacy
- Profanity or vulgarity
- Jokes made about tragedies
- Personal attacks, comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination or hostility on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, disability, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other unlawful basis of discrimination
- Spam or links to other sites
- Advocacy of illegal or violent activity
- The promotion of particular services, products, businesses, political candidates, organizations, or commercial transactions
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
- Personally identifiable medical information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of any person, public system, or any criminal or civil investigation
District 207 is not responsible for content posted by others. Any comments and opinions expressed by members of the public are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of the district or its employees. Communications made through the district’s social media sites will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the district or any district official or employee for any purpose. District 207 social media users that enter personal information on district social media sites do so at their own risk; the district is not responsible for the public display of such private information. Such information may be removed from the district’s social media sites, but neither District 207, nor its licensors or contractors are responsible for any damages caused by delays in such removal.
Information shared with or posted to official district pages by the public is also subject to the Terms of Service of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for its own purposes. District 207 social media sites are third party sites and the host sites have Terms of Service and policies that are not governed by the district.