The District is continuing to move forward with the construction projects and has begun the procurement phase of the project.
Bid Packages – The District had five bid packages on the agenda on Feb. 3, 2020 for Board action. Those were the early bid packages that have long lead items or items that, from a purchasing perspective, provide economies when purchased together. The majority of the Phase 1 bid packages were released to the public on Feb. 3, 2020, and will be opened on February 24, 2020. The District is requesting a special Board Meeting on March 9, 2020 for awarding.
Packing/Moving Plans – Several meetings at each building have occurred to develop a plan for student workers, storage, timing and overall implementation of the spaces that need to be moved during spring break and at the end of the year. The following spaces will be impacted
- Dempster wing 1929 section spring break and summer break
- Potter wing north portion summer break
- The 3 story original gymnasium area summer break construction extends into school year
- A portion of the athletic area (trainer, AD) summer break construction extends into school year
- The bookstore summer break construction extends into school year
- West portion of 3rd floor A-wing spring break and summer break
- Main Office and auxiliary spaces in old Administration center spring break construction begins
- Classrooms and large group spaces on the south and east of library summer break
- A portion of D-wing spring break and summer break, construction begins on a portion during spring break
- Lower C-wing spring break and summer break
- Upper C-wing summer break
- Parking lots E and a portion of D summer break, E becomes the fieldhouse, D will be impacted by storm water vaults
Phase 2 Design Meetings – Meetings will begin for the remaining areas in February and will continue into the summer. Hundreds of hours will be spent with the end users to influence the design and ensure the spaces meet the needs of the educational program.
Below are upcoming milestone dates:
- February 11, 2020 (8 a.m.) – Special Board Meeting for Award Contract (The regularly scheduled Education Committee Meeting will begin at 8:10 a.m.)
- February 17, 2020 – Bid Package 1 building walkthroughs
- February 24, 2020 – Bid Opening Bid Package 1
- March 9, 2020 (4 p.m.) – Special Board Meeting for Award of Bid Period 1 (The regularly scheduled Buildings & Grounds Meeting becomes a Special Board of Education Meeting to award these bids)
- March 20, 2020 – Start Spring Break Flooring Abatement (all schools)
- May 11, 2020 – Mobilize to start work